Here is an opportunity for Young African researchers in Africa: Apply for this travel grant that takes you straight to attend ESOF 2018 in Toulouse.Euro Science Open Forum (ESOF) is the biennial pan-European meeting on research & innovation.
The Université Fédérale de Toulouse Midi-Pyrénées (UFTMIP) is collaborating with a sponsor to provide Travel Grants for support to 28 Young African researchers with their travel, registration and accommodation costs to attend ESOF 2018 in Toulouse (9th-14th July 2018).
Please bear in mind that the grant would consist of a lump sum of €1,500 / grant.
Depending on travel arrangements, this amount might not cover the total costs incurred.
The grant aims to cover:
• Travel costs to Toulouse
• Visa fees • Registration fee to ESOF 2018
• Accommodation in Toulouse (students’ residence)
• Local transportation and meal costs The administration (logistical arrangements and reimbursement) will be managed by the UFTMIP, in accordance with its official travel regulations:
• Travel costs, registration fees, accommodation and meal costs (in student residence) will be covered directly by UFTMIP;
• A public transportation card as necessary will be provided by the ESOF 2018 organisation;
• Visa fees and other eligible costs would be reimbursed after presentation of feedback report and upon submission of a detailed invoice. Please note that the grants will be confirmed after the financial agreement of the sponsor has been signed.
Applicants should be:
• A citizen of an African country
• Working preferably on the African continent
• Active in research (universities, research institutes, companies) or exceptionally research administration • Preferably having a PhD • Under the age of 35
• Proficient in English
How to submit an application, please follow the link to: https://escmp.euroscience.org/
Sign into the EuroScience Conference and Membership Platform to create your profile.
Click on “Apply for a Grant” and click on ‘Travel Grants for African Young researchers’.Follow the application procedure.
Please be aware of the following documents which are required to upload include:
• A filled out word questionnaire
• CV (maximum 2 pages A4)
• a letter of recommendation (max 1/2 page A4) from e.g. a dean, an employer or supervisor – to be uploaded as a supporting document.
When submitting the application form for travel grants, you agree to the full acceptance of the rules and to the decision taken by the Selection Committee.
DEADLINE: 7th May 2018.
This might be the opportunity you’ve been looking for, so why not go for it? Good luck!
For more information and to apply, visit here For more opportunities click here
- Tags: Scholarship